TrueKeys - Chinese/Japanese/Korean Truetype
Copyright © UniDoc System LLC, 1998-2002.
TrueKeys is a Chinese, Japanese, Korean (CJK) 2-byte truetype font conversion utilities. What makes it different from other truetype utilities such as TTConvert 1.5 and TrueConvert 0.3b is that it generates its own cmap table for specified language encoding, and assemble the original font data into a new truetype. This strategy corrects some common PC font problems such as no Mac cmap table support, etc. When TTConvert or TrueConvert does not work for your font, you should seriously try TrueKeys. TrueKeys is guarenteed to work with any Mac format CJK truetypes and Windows format truetypes (including TTC format). Carbonized TrueKeys v3.6 is the current release, supporting both pre-MacOS 9 and MacOS X platform.
For MacOS X user who has large collections of traditional format Chinese/Japanese/Korean truetypes, TrueKeys is the only tool to make the font treasure to be recognized and used under the new unicode based operating system by adding the unicode support. Without the unicode support, the traditional Chinese/Japanese/Korean truetypes will only be recognized as Roman font by MacOS X 10.0.3+.
- Convert Chinese/Japanese/Korean truetype fonts between Windows/Macintosh format.
- Add Apple Unicode encoding table to existing font to support's Apple's Unicode imaging technology.
- Support both Microsoft and Apple's Unicode 2.0 mapping and Apple's TEC.
- Convert Chinese/Japanese/Korean truetype fonts between popular encodings.
- GB2312 (used in Chinese PWindows 3.1/95/98, Macintosh)<-> Big5 (used in Chinese CWindows 3.1/95/98, Macintosh)
- GBK(used in Chinese PWindows 95/98) <-> Unicode 2.0 (used in Windows NT)
- Big5 (used in Chinese CWindows 3.1/95/98, Macintosh) <-> Unicode 2.0 (used in Windows NT)
- Shift-JIS (used in Japanese Windows 3.1/95/98, Macintosh) <-> Unicode 2.0 (used in Windows NT)
- KSC5601 (used in Korean Windows 3.1/95/98, Macintosh) <-> Unicode 2.0 (used in Windows NT)
Alternatively, you can also use the "Register" program enclosed in the TrueKeys package, or you can just download the Register program for registration purpose. For more details, follow the step by step direction in the TrueKeys Online User Manual.
- MacOS and compatible personal computers with PowerPC 601+.
- System 7.1 or later, MacOS 7.5.3 recommended, MacOS X.
- Minimum 16 MB RAM, 16 MB recommended.
- Minimum 16 MB free storage on hard drive.
On users' request, the TrueKeys without registration can work in demo mode and only half of the available CJK glyphs are mapped.
Test Drive of Public Available CJK Truetypes:
(You may need a PC to expand the fonts)